Cr Schrinner said the 2020 awards program would recognise businesses that have persevered during the challenging economic conditions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
“Now in its 15th year, the Lord Mayor’s Business Awards celebrates the outstanding achievements of Brisbane businesses and Brisbane’s businesspeople,” Cr Schrinner said.
“In 2020, the awards will shine a light on the tough Brisbane spirit as we recognise businesses that have showed resilience, perseverance and adaptation in challenging economic circumstances.
“For the first time, nominations are open for a new Award for Excellence in Business Adaptation, which will recognise businesses, regardless of company size, that adapted their business model in response to COVID-19.”
Cr Schrinner strongly encouraged businesses of all sizes to nominate, despite the challenges faced over the past six months.
“There are many Brisbane businesses, from large multinationals to community not-for-profits and start-ups, that have overcome difficult times through determination and ingenuity,” he said.
“We want to rally around these businesses and acknowledge their integral contribution to Brisbane’s economic recovery, job creation and future growth.
“By sharing stories of businesses adapting and prevailing, we hope to encourage and inspire other Brisbane businesses during our city’s recovery.
“Being recognised as an award finalist or winner can also help businesses regather momentum, make new connections and raise their profile to achieve greater levels of success.”
Nominations close 11 September with winners to be announced at a gala dinner ceremony at City Hall on 26 November.
Eight categories are open to businesses:
• HSBC Award for Excellence in Business Adaptation
• CCIQ Award for Outstanding Small Business
• Award for Outstanding Micro Business
• Urban Utilities Award for Product Innovation
• Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation
• ISPT Award for Outstanding Social Enterprise
• ANZ Award for High Growth Business Start-Up
• Yurika Award for Environmental Sustainability in Business
Two categories open to individuals:
• Award for Young Business Person of the Year
• The Courier-Mail Award for Business Person of the Year
A final category will recognise an outstanding overall winner (not open to nominations):
• Optus Business Platinum Award
Visit lmba.com.au to nominate.